|Baccano! Teh Abridged Series!|
mattroks101 and Legogirl11
12 (and 1 remake)
05/3/2011 - 06/12/12
Baccano! Teh Abridged Series! is an abridged series created by mattroks101. Matt was originally going to create a different abridged series but instead chose Baccano! because it was on his hard drive. The series lasted a little of a year and spanned 12 episodes.
Mattroks101 was originally going to create a Black Butler Abridged but after looking at the DVD price tag for Black Butler and being unable to find any Raws for Black Butler decided to do a Baccano Abriged. Matt chose to abridge Baccano merely because it was on his hard drive. Matt had not watched the original series at all, and only had it on his hard drive because he was using certain footage from episode 9 for an AMV. Matt had no idea what the series was about or who anyone was or anything. He went into it completely blind.
The early episodes followed the standard format for abridged series (ie. script, editing, voicing) but after the production of Episode 3, Matt stopped scripting. All episodes after 3 were done without scripts. Instead of scripting Matt just sat down and recorded and edited each scene as he went along. All jokes and voices and editing were done on the spot. The series also has no plot and the episodes feel more like a saturday morning cartoon show than a series of progressive story arcs. Most episodes start with a disclaimer (the redo being the only exception) and most have an stinger (episode 2 being the only exception) Matt does almost all the voices himself. Ennis is the only main character who is not voiced by Mattroks101 (all other roles not voiced by Matt were cameo roles by other abridgers). The reason for this is that Mattroks101 was too lazy to find others to do voices for him. The equipment was also basic and consisted of a Red Samurai USB mic (upgraded from a Logitech Headset Microphone in November of 2011), Sony Vegas Pro 10 for video editing (upgraded to 11 after his switch to new computer in February of 2012, then later downgraded back to 10 because 11 crashed too much), and Audacity for sound recording.
The Original Episode OneEdit
Matt's first episode was not much of a hit nor was it very funny. Matt himself has much animosity towards his first episode most likely due to the Box Of Danger forums. Matt considers his first episode non canon with the rest of his series. In his opinion it was more of a experiment that didn't work. After his first episode he changed his writing style and characters. The opening theme song was also changed from Evangelion Generation to Invaders Must Die. Later, the opening theme was changed yet again to Ready to Die, which is the current intro.
Matt's humor is largely based around characters and how they interact with each other, rather than mocking the original.
The original opening theme was Invaders Must Die by The Prodigy. The second was Ready to Die by Andrew W.K. used throughout the rest of the series. This intro can be found here .
- People not being able to read. (First appearence: Episode 1)
- Walruses Being mentioned in the episode. (First appearence: Episode 2)
- Isaac's drug obsession. (First appearence: Episode 2)
- Ladd being voiced by The Postal Dude. (First appearence: Episode 2)
- Scene Missing (First appearence: Episode 2)
- Gustav constantly hitting Carol everytime she opens her mouth. (First appearence: Episode 1 Redo)
- Isaac's odd walrus obsession (First appearence: Episode 3)
- Dallas being accompanied by Michael Jackson's "Bad" everywhere he goes. (First appearence: Episode 3)
- "I forgot what comes after nine" (First appearence episode 3)
- Derp Face. (First appearence episode 3)
- Rape/Concerned Face. (First appearence: Episode 5)
- "Kill you to death" or other varients on the phrase. (First appearence: Episode 5)
Full list of characters here
Individual trivia for each episode can be found on their page. This is trivia for the series as a whole.
- Claire was also suppose to be the one with the walrus obsession but it was unintentionally transferred to Isaac as a running joke in Episode 3.
- Matt has admitted to be a terrible director. Hence why there are few characters he does not play.
- It has never been revealed exactly what kind of pills Isaac is taking. The one scene where he takes them is not shown. Instead the text "Scene Missing" is shown.
- Isaacs drug obsession was spawned from one joke concieved before work on Episode 2 had even began.
- Miza's voice has changed twice.
- Szilard's voice changes in Episode 6.
- Ladd says he's going to down to the dining car to get his donuts in Episode 3. And yet, when he get's there in Episode 4 there is no more mention of donuts.
- Ladd kills people he either didn't kill in the original, or people that didn't even exist in the original.
- Matt did almost all the characters himself because he was too lazy to get other people.
- The series ended just 1 month over a year, and ended on episode 11.
- In the final credits, Matt forgot to credit two people, LoliWithAnExcaliborg and XvXBLOODXvX.
- The epilogue sequence was suppose to go on longer, but Matt was afraid of taking up to much time, and making the episode to long.
|Episode 1||May 3rd, 2011|
|Episode 2||June 20th, 2011|
|Episode 1 Redo||July 13th, 2011|
|Episode 3||August 1st, 2011|
|Episode 4||August 23rd, 2011|
|Episode 5||September 16th, 2011|
|Episode 6||October 30th, 2011|
|Episode 7||December 12th, 2011|
|Episode 8||January 23rd, 2012|
|Episode 9||April 4th, 2012|
|Episode 10||May 17th 2012|
|Episode 11 (Series finale)||June 12th, 2012|
|OVA Episode 1 (Episode 12)||October 24th, 2012|
The Misadventures of Gustav and CarolEdit
The Misadventures of Gustav and Carol is a series of shorts that focuses exclusivly around Gustav and Carol and their various misadventures.
The Series EndEdit
After the production of episode 10 Mattroks101 discovered one critical flaw: He was out of source footage. He realized that his combining of episodes had put his series at an end about 2 episodes early. So he decided to make the best of it, and go out with a bang.
The final episode, Episode 11, wrapped up, or attempted to wrap up everything that was going on in the series. Every loose plot thread was explained away via some BS from Gustav and all main "plots" came to a conclusion. The confilct between Szilard was ended by Miza and Szilard becoming friends, and the fight between Claire and Ladd was concluded by Ladd throwing himself of the train becaue he couldn't take how annoying Claire was.
After the ending credits there are epilogue stories for 3 of the characters. Matt said he would have made more but he was afraid of taking up to much screen time.
Even after the main series was completed, Matt felt obligated to do the OVA. While ideas and small video previews date back to May of 2012, it wasn't until July of 2012 did work on the OVAs actually begin and it wasn't until October 2012 that the first episode was actually made. Matt planned for there to be at least 2 videos on the OVA, however work never began on it.