|Death Note: The Abridged Series|
Light Yagami is a high school student who stumbles across a Death Note, or a diary of death. Whoever is written in this notebook will die and there are plenty of celebrities and annoyances that Light will gladly get rid of. He takes it upon himself to be the god of a new world, and maybe will make a fan club or two. Accompanied by a god of death or shinigami named Ryuk, and being chased by idiotic detectives, there's bound to be plenty of chaos and laughter by the end.
Death Note: The Abridged Series is a parody series that aired on Youtube. It is the first Death Note Abridged Series to ever finish its run. Created by kpts4tv, mac_sly56, and Mr. Arkonid. Written by the above for the whole series and drageuth for season 2. Edited by mac_sly56 primarily, but the others also edit occasionally. Mellocast episodes are created and edited by drageuth. More infomation can be found on their Tv Tropes page and on their Facebook page.
- kpts4tv - Light Yagami, Misa Amane, Touta Matusda, Shuichi Aizawa, Angry Producer, God of DNA, Hitoshi Demigawa, Masahiko Kida (Tristain), Arayoshi Hatori (Mr. White),
- mac_sly56 - Ryuk, Near, Kanzo Mogi, Sachiko Yagami, Lind L. Taylor, Reiji Namikawa (Pegasus), Shingo Medo (Lennon)
- Mr.Arkonid - L, Soichiro Yagami, Watari, Rem, Sayu Yagami, Raye Penber, Hideki Ide (Squinty), Aiber (Raymond), Roger (Smith), Kyosuke Higuchi, Eiichi Takahashi (Shaggy), Rester, Giovanni, Rod Ross (Ringleader),George Sairas (George W.), Sidoh, Matt
- drageuth - Mello, Hirokazu Ukita, Naomi Misora, Wedy (Nao), Suguru Shimura (Lurch), Takeshi Ooi (Mr. Black), Halle, Syndar, Steve Mason (Wilford)
- LexiLandDinosaurs - Kiyomi Takada
- devilkicksanji2 - Teru Mikami
- mandymouse1210 - Adult Sayu Yagami
- gbritain22 - Crazy Man (Michael Jackson)
- lepricon97 - NBC Security Cop, Kanto's Got Talent Judge
List of Music Used in the SeriesEdit
Most of the music used in the series is from the three Death Note Soundtracks. But there are some exceptions:
- Scissor Sisters "I Can't Decide" - Main opening theme and ending theme. Used for both on season 1 episodes 1-14, ending of season 2 episode 1, both on season 2 episodes 3-8, and then opening for season 2 episode 9.
- Sandy Fox "Freckles" - Mock opening theme for season 2 episode 1. English theme for Rurouni Kenshin.
- Cynthia Harrel "Snake Eater" - Mock opening theme for season 2 episode 2. From the video game, "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater".
- Harry Gregson-Williams "Old Snake Theme" - Mock ending theme for season 2 episode 2. From the video game, "Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots".
- Disney "It's a Small World!" - Mock ending theme for season 2 episode 5. Was sung by kpts4tv as Misa Amane entitled, "It's a Dead World!"
- Queen "Don't Stop Me Now" - Insert song used in season 2 episode 6. Also was the mock ending theme to the same episode.
- Taku Iwasaki "'Libera me' from Hell" - Mock ending theme for season 2 episode 9. Used from the anime Gurren Lagann.
- Ke$ha "Tik Tok" - Song that was parodied for the anime music video, "Not Gay (They Just Wrote Me In That Way)".
- Barry Manilow "Can't Smile Without You" - Song that was parodied for the "He's Back!" video.
- Carly Rae Jepsen "Call Me Maybe" - Song that was parodied for the anime music video, "Call Me Mogi".
- Carmen Twillie "Circle of Life" - Ending theme to the final two episodes.
|Episode 1: "Dear Diary"||April 13th, 2010|
|Episode 2: "The Letter of the Day"||May 3rd, 2010|
|Episode 3: "The Pursuit of Penber"||June 14th, 2010|
|"Not Gay (They Just Wrote Me In That Way)" AMV||July 19th, 2010|
|Episode 4: "Death of a Penber"||August 2nd, 2010|
|Episode 5: "Christmas Comes Early"||August 25th, 2010|
|Episode 6: "The Devil Wears Embroidery"||September 20th, 2010|
|Episode 7: "My Cherry Blossom Romance"||October 15th, 2010|
|Episode 8: "It's a Date!"||November 30th, 2010|
|Episode 9: "Hit and Run"||December 21st, 2010|
|Episode 10: "The Light, The Dark, and The Dandruff"||February 22nd, 2011|
|Episode 11: "Rhinestone Cowboy"||June 3rd, 2011|
|Episode 12: "The Right to Remain Kira"||August 31st, 2011|
|Episodes 13 & 14: "Captive Audience: Parts 1 & 2"||October 1st, 2011|
Behind the Scenes ExtrasEdit
|1||Season 1 Finale Preview||September 19th, 2011|
|1||Behind The Death Note: Season 1 Rants Uncut||December 19th, 2011|
|2||Calling All Potential Voice Actors!||January 10th, 2012|
|2||Season 2 Trailer||January 28th, 2012|
|2||Calling All Fans To Vote!||February 6th, 2012|
|2||The Fans Have Voted!||March 11th, 2012|
|2||Mad Libs Contest!||March 18th, 2012|
|2||He's Back!||June 7th, 2012|
|2||The Last Pages Teaser Trailer||June 22nd, 2012|
|2||Ask The Cast & Crew!||July 14th, 2012|
|2||Ask The Cast & Crew | The Answers: #1||Aug 2nd, 2012|
|2||Ask The Cast & Crew | The Answers: #2||Aug 14th, 2012|
|2||The Last Pages | The Prologue||Aug 24th, 2012|
|2||Behind The Death Note: Teru Mikami||Oct 1st, 2012|
|2||Trailer To End All Trailers||Nov 9th, 2012|
|2||Finals Week!||Nov 23rd, 2012|
|2||Ask The Cast & Crew | The Answers: #3||Nov 25th, 2012|
|2||Teaser To End All Teasers||Nov 28th, 2012|
|2||Thanks To You, From All of Us, To You||Nov 29th, 2012|
List of Death Note: The Abridged Series RulesEdit
- 0: The only way to win is not to play the game.
- 1: Don't. Just Don't. Seriously.
- 2: Death Notes are extremely flammable. Keep out of the reach of humans.
- 3: It is perfectly fine for complete strangers to give orphans life lessons. It's not like their parents are going to complain. Visit your local orphanage today!
- Pi: 3.1415926535....And don't forget the apples.
- 4: Never make out with your girlfriend infront of your Shinigami. They get jealous.
- 188.8.131.52.23.42: Polar bears have no place on a tropical island. IT MAKES NO SENSE!
- 5: Sometimes, the less you know, the better.
- 6: Men do NOT embroider....much.
- 11: Always finish your sentences before going to commercial.
- 15: Every great plan has five steps. Never forget step three; It is the most important.
- 17: All entries must begin with "Dear Diary."
- 17-B: Do NOT sign your name at the end of each entry.
- 18: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't post it on the internet.
- 23: Do not operate machinery while under the effects of Shinigami Eyes. Side effects include but are not limited to: severe hemorrhaging, delusions of grandeur, shortness of breath, insomnia, diarrhea, excessive weight gain, heart attack, and unanticipated eel stings.
- 24: Never lick a lamp post in winter.
- 30: No shirt, no shoes, no Shinigami.
- 39: Sometimes you do have to throw somebody under the bus to get what you want.
- 46: Finish this joke...A duck walks into a bar...
- 51: Klaatu Barada Nikto does not mean, "we come in peace" - especially if Keanu is envolved.
- 56: When you fly Southwest Shinigami, you're bags fly free! As long as there are none.
- 57.2: It is ok for there to be a Kira Copycat, but if a copycat copies the Kira Copycat, then the Copycat is in direct violation of the Copycat Clause.
- 67: If your snacks are talking to you, seek out your local Shinigami for immediate medical attention.
- 69: Rule 96 was a lie! Ha ha ha!
- 83: This rule must always follow Rule 82.
- 93: WARNING: There are no toilets in Matsuda's colon (Aka: The Shinigami Realm).
- 96: Because our lawyers won't let us show 69...
- 143: Don't write fake rules in the Death Note. Ever. IT'S NOT FUNNY!