|Digimon: The Abridged Series|
03/12/2009 - Present
"Digimon Campers Guide Rule #1 - It's your first day in Summer Camp, So be sure to make lots of new friends! (You need 'em)"
"Digimon Campers Guide Rule #10 – Always remember: Digivolving for the first time ALWAYS gives you enough strength to defeat an enemy no matter how strong they are!"
The abridged series of Digimon: Digital Monsters made by Sehanort. First planned to be a short parody series of the First Season of Digimon, it was later concluded that if Sehanort would ever attempt to make an abridged series of his own it would be Digimon and ONLY Digimon. Thanks to a youtube poop which had The trance mix of Kouji Wada's Butterfly, It reminded Sehanort of his first favorite anime that he watched, and the planning of an abridged series became possible. Some of the styles that Sehanort used in his other works such as a completely different storyline were used within this series while at the same time summarizing each episode to each important plot point.
The cast of the digidestined kids and their digimon are voiced by Sehanort. It was planned that some digimon would be voiced by different voice actors once they reach their Ultimate levels, and some of the other digimon are voiced by guest stars, but the vast of majority of characters are voiced by Sehanort. The voices that were given to the characters may be thought of to be offensive but in truth, Sehanort said "I simply gave them a voice."
- sonicmega - Numemon (ep. 4)
- XBeetxAbridgedX - Monazaemon (ep. 4)
- Antfish - Leomon (ep. 6-11)
- Princeroy - Ogremon (ep. 6-10)
- BigTUnit1 - Elecmon (ep. 10)
- Takahata101 - Etemon (ep. 11-12)
- Deathknightxcr - (ep. 12)
In episode 2, several abridged series creators make cameos as voices on the other end of the Digital World payphones:
- Antfish - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure TAS
- AngelElric - Fruits Basket Abridged
- LordQuadros - Metal Gear Solid: TAS
- TehExorcist - D.Gray-Man TAS
- Khenpoe - Bleach TAS
- Megami33 - Sailor Moon Abridged
Episode List Edit
The episode opening sequence was made by TehExorcist using Masaaki Endoh's version of "Butterfly" for the music.
|Episode 1 - From "Pokemon is awesome" to "Digimon
|Mar 12, 2009|
|Episode 2 - The Power of Food! Champions can get one
|Apr 10, 2009|
|Episode 3 - Seadragon and Firebird||Apr 24, 2009|
|Episode 4 - From a Factory to a Theme Park||Jul 11, 2009|
|Episode 5 - Grownup Joe||Oct 25, 2009|
|Episode 6 - The Lion, The Ogre, The Devil, The Kids,
and The Wardrobe
|Nov 17, 2009|
|Episode 7 - The Winter Wonderland Punch-Out!||Dec 25, 2009|
|Episode 8 - This Just Isn’t Her Day||May 8, 2010|
|Episode 9 - This Just Isn't His Day||Jun 26, 2010|
|Episode 10 - Save the Epicness For Last||Nov 25, 2010|
|Episode 11 - Digimon Best Western||Jul 31, 2011|
|Episode 12 - Greymonicus Decimus Meridius||Aug 18, 2012|
- Each of the first 10 episodes adds a new rule to the "Digimon Campers Guide"
- Most of the digidestineds' rookie digimon sound similar to the versions from the dub, except that Gabumon (and later Garurumon) are voiced like Disney's Goofy.
- digimon vs. digimon = good; kids vs. digimon = bad
- Mimi's voice alternates between highpitched "kawaii~desu" and a deep-voiced baritone