Kirby Abridged is a series created by Pretty Kitty Thirteen and KoopaMedia64 that originally ran from 2010 to 2015, but returned in December 2016. Kirby Abridged uses the anime, Kirby: Right Back At Ya. The series has a total of 30 episodes, 2 Christmas specials, 16 Kwickies (shorts), and extra content like music, bloopers, and other non-KA content (Kirby: Right Back At Ya lost and non-lost episodes, Disney videos, Hakuoki, AMVS). In addition to YouTube, the series was also advertised on several websites like their own blog, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and Tumblr. They also sold merchandise like KA bottle cap necklaces and homemade plushies.
Originally on November 2, 2015, a final announcement was made that the series would be ending due to the strict copyright laws on Canada. As a result, all videos on their channel were deleted. All of the main episodes and kwickies were uploaded on the Kirby Abridged Graveyard, which is now terminated. However, on November 29, 2016, the videos for Kirby Abridged were reuploaded on their old channel again, and hinted they were coming back. On December 5, 2016, episode 30 was released.
Main Cast EditKirby (Eldric Irons/A.M. The Ocarina Player (poyo sounds)) The hero of the show. Kirby's internal though process is that of an old English style gentleman, however, when he verbally speaks, is only capable of saying his trademark "poyo". A dilemma that torments him to no end.
"I would recommend seeking professional medical aid....but what do I know.."Poyo poyo"..." ~ episode 29 (Kirby's watching Tuff suffer with a nasty toothache)
"If only you plebeians realized your race was color-blind, I could be florescent yellow or spotty brown for all you know" ~ Episode 13 (Kirby patronizing the cappies for forgetting his color pallet)
Meta Knight (Eldric Irons) Part of the old star warrior army and undisputed fan-favorite of KA. He likes playing The XBox360 game "World Of Tanks", eating Doritos & takes sh!t from nobody, especially not Tiff who often tries to order, bully or bribe him into doing what she wants. He is sarcastic, cynical, snarky & shows no mercy in saying what he really thinks of people. in the earlier part of the series, Meta Knight made a point of skipping the monster fight scene with the opening line "I've got a better idea", but it was sort lived. Meta Knight has had two full episodes dedicated to him (episodes 18 & 25) in which there was a running gag that nobody ever listens to him and everyone talks over his dialogue.
"Looks like we're up that familiar creek with no propulsion device kids..." ~ Episode 21 (Meta Knight basically saying to everyone we're up sh!t creek without a paddle)
King Dedede (KoopaMedia64) The king of Dreamland. He is a chronic jerk who loves nothing more than bringing misery to the town, Kirby and enjoys devising plans to "get rid" of him, however, as the series progressed, he was content to simply "bum around the castle" watching TV. He has an immense love for "tater chips" & peanut butter cookies which Escargoon's Mom introduced him to in episode 6, and has been a running gag ever since. Dedede has a penchant for giving nicknames to guest characters, calling J.K Rofling the "Story Lady" (episode 22) & Escargoon's Mother the "Cookie Lady" (episode 6)"ESCARGOON! YOU CRACKERS BETTER NOT HAVE STARTED ANOTHER EPISODE WITHOUT ME!!-----And where's the bathroom tissue?..." Episode 6 (Dedede complaining when he didn't appear until much later in the episode)
- Tiff (A.M. The Ocarina Player) Kirby's partner and Tuff's older sister. Her personality is very two-faced. There's a re-accuring joke in the series that she's Knuckle Joe's Ex-girlfriend & that she tries to get Meta Knight Romantically interested in her. There was also an episode in which she fell deeply (and creepily) in love with a teacher named Mr. Chip, with whom she wanted to join forces with "and together rule the galaxy, as man and wife"
- Tuff (Pretty Kitty Thirteen) Tiff's brother and another sidekick of Kirby. He is a very free going person, as he has a interest of Samo's bar, having very little interest in ongoing shenanigans unless there's something in it for him. (episode 26, when he declared himself kings of cappytown and commanded Tiff to be sent to the dungeon)
- Escargoon (Pretty Kitty Thirteen) A snail, and the King Dedede's lackey, who has a close relationship with him. He likes to play tricks on Kirby and the others, has a great caring mom who he dearly loves, and had a whole episode dedicated to him. He is also known for making King Dedede fake peanut butter cookies "using almonds & a Play-Doh™ Fun Factory™"
- NME Salesman (Eldric Irons eps 1-8, Koopamedia eps CS-29) A salesman who sells monsters to King Dedede. As of the first Christmas special, he speaks with a "foreign" accent where subtitles appear at the bottom for laughs, as compared to earlier episodes where he spoke like a shady cars salesman.
- Chef Kawasaki (Koopamedia64) Cappytown's chef and owns his own restaurant, which is known for being horrible. He had been taught by Chef Shitake and he hopes that one day, their will never be a food themed episode ever again, along with the other main characters agreeing with him. His voice is modeled after Charlie In The Box From The Rudolph The Red Nosed Reigndeer™Christmas Special by Ranken/Bass.
- Chief Bookem (Eldric Irons eps 1-10, Alecrob ep 11, Jake "The Voice" eps 14-29) The town's loyal chief and crime justice. While he doesn't play big roles in the early episodes, he starts to become more known later in the series as a supporting character, and is one heck of a rapper & enjoys composing rock music in his spare time.
- Waddle Dee (Pretty Kitty Thriteen & A.M. The Ocarina Player) Servants of the King. In the Abridged Series, rather than being silent, the waddle-dees speak in a series of coos, hums and squeaks, by which they can make simple words like "uh-huh" and "uh-oh". They are very well unionized and even have their own christmas choir ( which is taken advantage of in "12 Days Of Waddle-Dees Christmas Countdown)
- Lolo and Lala (A.M. The Ocarina Player) They serve Sir Ebrum and Lady Like. The twins' only desire was to one day have more and perhaps ultimately have an episode dedicated to themselves, it was jokingly hinted that the two are so worthless that even a government department wouldn't hire them and that they should stick to making iPhones & Gucchi Hand bags in the back room.
- Sir Ebrum (Koopamedia64) Tiff and Tuff's father Lady Like's Husband. Having a distinguishable Italian accent (a tribute to Nintendo's Mario) His personality was very unpolished in earlier episodes, but overall, he enjoys Live-Action-role-Play, anime, writing fan-fictions about anime, cross-dressing (his favorite is a Japanese high priestess or in his wife's nickers) & being a social pariah. Somehow Lady Like loves him anyway....
- Professor Curio (Pretty Kitty Thirteen) Cappytown's archaeologist and history researcher. He often wishes his job as an archeologist could be as cool as Indiana Jones. It's hinted that he, like Ebrum, also enjoys fan-fictions.
- Mayor Blustergas (Koopamedia64) The mayor of Cappytown. The KA crew often described him as being a "putz" (Yiddish word to describe a complete and utter idiot) his voice was unknowingly modeled after his original Hoshii No Kabbii voice, which was very delicate sounding and high pitched (i.e, A weeny) The Mayor often behaves like a man-child, using very puerile words & he'll believe almost anything, so long as it isn't in the realm of logic. He has a very abstract imagination...
- Dr.Yabui (A.M. The Ocarina Player) Cappytown's doctor and dentist. The Doc is, to say the least, a wild card. He isn't very good at his job and The KA Crew describes him as "One of "those" friends, the really weird one?" Doc has a sometime dead-pan sense of humor & he really doesn't care whether or not his patients live, he can always get the wheelbarrow and shovel out so no one notices anything....
- Whispy Woods (Eldric Irons ep 9, Alecrob ep 23) A living tree who is the guardian of the forest. He is high. all. the. time. which can lead to very.....odd conversations with other characters. He loves arbor day.
- Lady Like (Pretty Kitty Thirteen) Tiff and Tuff's mother and married to Sir Ebrum. Like Sir Ebrum, she keeps secrets from the children, and speaks very calmly.
- Escargoon's Mother (Leena_Lamont) She is the mother of Escargoon. She lives outside of Cappytown, has a close bond with Escargoon, loves to bake cookies for people, and thinks that Kirby Abridged is running out of material and that they shouldn't make anymore episodes.
- Iro (Koopamedia64 ep 1-10, 14, Alecrob eps 11-25) One of three friends of Tuff. The only thing that can be said about Iro is in later episodes, he speaks very formally and says that Spike Head is a she, but covers it up by calling him a he.
- Mrs.Blustergas (A.M. The Ocarina Player) The wife of Mr.Blustergas. She has the same crazy personality as her husband, and in episode 1 has cancer.
- Sirica (A.M. The Ocarina Player) Meta Knight's foe, which seeks revenge on him for taking the galaxies sword for himself for leaving his mother to die.
- Samo (Jake "The Voice") A bartender and owner of his own bar. He has a massive crush on Mabel and in episode 16 is revealed to be her brother.
- Mr.Chip (Uncredited) A temporary teacher for Cappytown's school. He has a very scary personality like Tiff and is also asked to rule the galaxy and to be man and wife by Tiff.
- Waddle Doo (ShadowClaw71 ep 4, Koopamedia64 CS-28) King Dedede's servant and commander of the Waddle Dees. While not is known about him in the series, he can speak the same language the tourists can.
- Spike Head (A.M. The Ocarina Player) One of three friends of Tuff. When he gets pumped, he will say "Hell Yeah", and is mentioned by Iro to be a girl, but admits to him he's a boy.
- Mabel (A.M. The Ocarina Player) Cappytown's psychic and fortune teller. Is known for having a very mysterious personality and even predicts the apocalypse.
Common Jokes and PunsEdit
Kirby Abridged is well known for making very funny jokes and puns, in which some of them get kept and used in several episodes for humor.
- Ever since episode 6 when Escargoon's mom gave King Dedede peanut butter cookies, he has had a huge desire for them, which is probably his favorite dessert.
- Tiff will commonly mention a society called "The friendly wholesome society of friendly fun wholesomeness" , which teaches you respect towards your family friends, and yourself. Tiff will usually say this if people are hesitant towards a situation or if are course aren't acting friendly.
- During 2013, when Kirby Right Back At Ya lost episodes were getting uploaded, they were mentioned a few times on several episodes and kwickies, stating that fans were curious and requesting for them and often gave karma to Escargoon and King Dedede for not uploading them.
- A dislike for the main characters are food-themed episodes, which is criticized by them due to the large amount there is and hope that one day there will never be one again. This is usually mentioned when well... when there is a food-themed episode.
- Spike Head will usually say "Hell yeah", when he's pumped up.
- Chef Kawasaki will say several times that he doesn't want to do the walnut skit again. Although it's never shows what the walnut skit is, we can assume it scarred Chef Kawasaki for life.
- They break the 4th wall in almost every episode.
Voice actors/actresses youtube channelsEdit
Many of the people on the show have their own YouTube channels, which they upload their own stuff outside of Kirby Abridged. There are links on the names if you want to see their channels and possibly subscribe.
Koopamedia64- while he doesn't do much uploads anymore, he plays many of the classic Garfield games plus other cool stuff.
A.M. The Ocarina Player- plays magnificent Ocarina and does reviews on anime and tv shows.
TheHamtaroFlower1- does a lot of YTPs and several clips of anime and tv shows, plus he does a couple of Abridged series too.
Boomerfunk4 (Elliot Jones)- mainly uploads funny clips on what famous Youtubers say and some anime moments as well.
TrunkLidProductions- uploads stuff about racecars like races, display, and destruction.
Jake "The Voice"- runs the "Cyber Den", where he interviews video game developers, voice actors, and Youtubers. He also uploads YTPs, video game soundtracks, and does voice acting in others videos too.
Waddle Dee Power- he does blogs on his plushie adventures and himself, and does gaming videos too.
- Episode 30: Dinner With A Side Of Gender Roles (Cookin Up Trouble)
- Christmas Special 3: Chilly The Snowman: The Musical (Dedede's Snow Job and others)
- Episode 31: A New Dope (Here Comes The Son)
- Episode 32: The NME Strikes Back (Monster Management)
- Episode 33: Return Of The Joey (Masher 2.0)
- Episode 34: The Good, The Bad, And The Garbage (Junk Jam)
- Episode 35: Someday, My Fish Will Come (A Fish Named Kine)
- Episode 36: Sleeping Chocoholic (Flowey Power)