|The Devil is a Part-Timer Abridged|
Alifluro + justkyledavid
09/09/13 - Ongoing
11 + 2 OVA Specials
Both the creators were looking to start a new abridged series - Alifluro having already created one and justkyledavid looking to start his first - and so they put their heads together and decided to start one for a relatively new anime series (at the time) that they both loved: The Devil is a Part-Timer (or Hataraku Maou-Sama).
They soon decided that they would also voice in the series as well, to reduce the number of extra cast members they had to bring in, and so it was decided that Alifluro would voice Emi Yusa, and justkyledavid would voice Lucifer. On June 13, 2013, the two posted an open audition video for all the remaining characters on their channel OverlordABRIDGED, as well as posting the audition call on the Voice Acting Alliance website. The interest they received was overwhelming, and it was difficult for them to cast in the end. The cast video was released on July 7, 2013.
The production of the first episode went a little slowly due to both Alifluro and justkyledavid being incredibly busy with the university year coming to an end, but they stuck to it and got the first episode up on September 9, 2013. The episode was received remarkably well, and justkyledavid and Alifluro were surprised by its popularity. This urged them to keep going and get episode's 2 and 3 done. There was a small delay on getting episode 3 out, due to the fact that it was around the holiday period, and much of the cast had gone away for the holidays.
On December 17, 2014, all seven episodes of the series were removed from the OverlordABRIDGED YouTube channel, due to copyright claims. This removal delayed the group's Christmas special, as they decided not to "take the chance with uploading something while we're not in the clear". All of the episodes were restored on January 9, 2015, and the delayed Christmas special was released on January 14.
Episode 9, like episode 5, was released via a Livestream Premiere, and included most of the cast members from episode 9.
After the longest episode delay in the series, episode 10 was released on November 2, 2015. The delay was due to the university schedule's of the creators, who had to take a hiatus of sorts.
Episode 11 was released on May 24, 2016. Episode 11 serves as part one to the finale. As such, episode 12 will be the last episode of the abridged series.
- FrustratedRocka - Sadao Mao/Satan
- SynK - Shiro Ashiya/Alciel
- justkyledavid - Luci/Lucifer
- Alifluro - Emi Yusa/Hero Emilia
- LollipopProductions - Chiho Sasaki
- Laikachi - Suzuno Kamazuki, Mayumi Kisaki
- Kayli Mills - Rika Suzuku, Emeralda Etuva
- TheOmega360 - Albertio Ende
- Fairfieldfencer - Olba Meiya
- Trina - Mikity, Extras
- Earl of Bassington - Sariel, Extras
- Angelegend - Emi's Father, Extras
- Scar - Father Robertio, Extras
- Valerie "Rie" Fee - Chiho's Mother, Extras
- Eagle8burger - Malacoda
|Episode 1 - 'The Devil Gets a Job'||September 9, 2013|
|Episode 2 - 'Because of Reasons'||November 10, 2013|
|Episode 3 - 'The Heat'||February 6, 2014|
|Episode 4 - 'Feels'||March 27, 2014|
|Episode 5 - 'Hole Hearted'||May 24, 2014|
|Episode 6 - 'Investigate Don't Kill'||August 15, 2014|
|Episode 7 - 'The Butterfly Effect'||Octover 9, 2014|
|Episode 8 - 'Bad Recipe'||January 24, 2015|
|Episode 9 - 'Thirsty'||April 19, 2015|
|Episode 10 - 'Wet'||November 2, 2015|
|Episode 11 - 'S'Peach'Less'||May 24, 2016|
|OVA Specials||Air Date|
|Devilish Halloween Special||October 31, 2014|
|Devilish Christmas Special||January 14, 2015|
- The creators of the abridged series (Alifluro and justkyledavid) are both Australian, and live together.
- The voice cast are often praised for their interpretation of their respective characters - and it has been suggested that they could pass for the official English dub voices.
- The character who reads the disclaimer for each episode also appears on the video's thumbnail, as well as the ending credits 'subscribe' message. Each 'subscribe' message at the end of the video is tailored to the characteristics of that character.
- The opening song for the abridged series is "The Hell Song" by Sum 41. It was thought to be appropriate.
- Alciel's character development has been strongly influenced by the way he is portrayed by his voice actor: SynK.
- Alifluro struggles with high-pitched "kiddy" voices, so episode 4 was a "GREAT TIME" for her when she had to voice Young Emi.
- For multiple episodes LollipopProductions (Chiho) had to buy an attachment so she could record from her phone, as her computer had crashed.
- Lucifer's accent is inconsistent, often alternating between and combining Australian, American, and British accents.
- The cast and crew are made up of a mix of Australians, Americans, and Canadians.