|Lord of the Cards|
|Season 1, Episode 4|
|Air date|| July 24, 2006 (YouTube)|
June 21, 2013 (Dailymotion)
Episode Synopsis Edit
This episode opens with the passengers unloading onto the shores of Duelist Kingdom. After a short introduction by Pegasus, through which he reveals his reasons for holding the tournament, Yugi and the gang follow Weevil into the woods until they reach an arena to duel. Yugi promptly defeats Weevil, and the episode closes.
- (Title) It's a reference to the book "Lord of the Flies", where children and teenagers are trapped on a huge island.
- (00:00) This is the opening sequence of the Beavis and Butthead cartoon.
- (00:28) Tristan confused "Lord of the Flies" with "Lord of the Rings ", which is a series centred around hobbits and an evil ring.
- (01:07) The music here is from the Kill Bill movie series. The song playing is called "Ironside", heard again during the end card.
- (01:31) "My limey senses are tingling" is a reference to Spiderman , who says "My spider sense is tingling" every time he senses danger.
- (02:59) As you may have guessed, in Beavis and Butthead, Beavis sometimes has a personality change into the Great Cornholio, who is constantly looking for "T-P for his bunghole".
- (04:00) Mothra is a giant moth monster, most notably appearing in the movies "Mothra" and "Mothra vs. Godzilla" .
- (04:16) Yami's "Settle down, buttmunch" is also from Beavis and Butthead
- (Credits) Audio is from the movie Snakes On A Plane .