|The Plot Thinnens|
|Season 1, Episode 8|
|Air date||August 21, 2006|
Episode Synopsis Edit
- (Title) The title of this episode is a pun on the phrase "The plot thickens", which was popularly used by Sherlock Holmes , but has entered common English lexicon for when a story or situation becomes more complicated.
- (00:00) The Children's Television Workshop is a production studio that is behind many public television educational shows, including "Sesame Street ". "This show was brought to you by the CTW" was often announced after every episode.
- (00:23) The changing of Tristan's voice is in reference to the change in voice actor for Tristan in the English dub of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series.
- (02:36-2:45) The song that plays during the Time Roulette scene is "The Power of Love " by Huey Lewis & the News , feature in the film "Back to the Future ", which was about time travel.
- (03:03-03:55) The music that plays during Bakura's ominous introduction and throughout his menacing is "Ave Satani " from the film "The Omen ".
- (03:30) The cards that the gang holds here shows :
Joey's : The Star Wars Kid , a popular internet meme.
Tristan's : Man-At-Arms from the Masters of the Universe cartoon .
Tea's : Sailor Moon , the main protagonist of the anime of the same name.
Yugi's : The Black Mage , from the webcomic "8-bit Theatre ".
Bakura's : Sephiroth , from the videogame Final Fantasy VII and CGI movie Final Fantasy Advent Children .
- (Credits) The ending stinger portrays Mokuba as "The N64 Kid ".