|Season 1, Episode 12|
|Air date||September 28, 2006|
In this episode, Kaiba arrives at Duelist Kingdom to save Mokuba. However, moments after landing, Joey and Kaiba duel, allowing Kaiba to promptly defeat Joey and show off his new dueling technology. After the duel, Kaiba flashbacks to how Pegasus used a child to defeat Bandit Kieth in a previous tournament. There is then a brief scene where Pegasus utters some "menacing" words, and the episode ends.
- (00:00) "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" was a popular TV series.
- (00:10) Microsoft Flight Simulator is a Windows game where the player pilots an airplane.
- (00:24) The scenes where Kaiba has green hair comes from the original Japan-release-only Yu-Gi-Oh series by Toei (also known as Yu-Gi-Oh Season Zero, which LittleKuriboh has also parodied).
- (00:51) A "gaydar" is a fictional device/ability some claim to have, which allows them to identify whether or not someone is homosexual (or "gay").
- (01:06) "Spice World" is a movie starring the Spice Girls .
- (01:33) Joey mistook Duel Monsters first for chess by saying "Checkmate" and then for board-game Battleship by saying "I sunk your battleship".
- (02:11) Kaiba's "I'm here to kick ass and play card games" is a reference to Roddy Piper's "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum " from"They Live" .
- (02:24) Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the people who would rally around her were called "Scoobies", a reference to the Mystery Machine gang of "Scooby-Doo" .
- (03:04) In the anime Beyblade , duels are fought with a spinning gyroscope tied to a string; Kaiba's duel system is quite reminiscent of it.
- (03:09) In an old adventure game called Monkey Island , your character fights against other pirates with "insult swordplay" - you yell an insult to them and they win only if they find a suitable answer to it. A common matching was: "You fight like a dairy farmer." - "How appropriate. You fight like a cow."
- (03:18) The "giant enemy dragon" and "attack its weak point for massive damage" is a reference to the Sony E3 2006 press conference. Bill Ritch, who produced the game "Genji: Days of the Blade" , said the game was authentic with battles in Ancient Japan, and then proceeded to say in regards to the ongame demo, "here's this giant enemy crab ". He went on to say "You attack its weak point for massive damage".
- (03:25) The whole U.S. dollars/Ridge Racer thing is also a reference to said conference. Specifically to Kaz Hirai's shout of "RIIIIDGE RACER" , along with his announcement that the PlayStation 3 would cost 599 "U.S. dollars".
- (04:59) Pegasus' phrase "Spice up your life" is a Spice Girls song (and so is the ending song, "Wannabe" ).
- (End card) The words appearing in all lower-case, their font and the brackets around them are indeed imitative of Adult Swim .
- (Credits)Yami's quote is taken from an interview with Dan Green, where he muses on what life were to be like if he talked like Yami all the time.