|Duel of Fates|
|Season 1, Episode 15|
|Air date||December 22, 2006|
This episode shows Tea and Mai dueling for a short while, before Mai surrenders, saying that she can't handle any more friendship speeches. Afterwards, the gang, Mai included, enter into Pergasus's castle, only to find Bandit Keith, as well as Pegasus and Kaiba locked in a duel. Kaiba is promptly defeated, and Pegasus removes Kaiba's soul too.
- (Title) A possible reference to the Star Wars musical piece "Duel of the Fates" .
- (00:0) The floating paragraphs, and the music that plays with it, are a direct reference to the Star Wars movie series. George Lucas is the creator of Star Wars, and is also responsible for the "Special Editions" which are re-releases of the Star Wars movies with substantial CGI edits.
- (01:44) The "painfully adorable monsters" that Tea is holding include, from right to left:
1st card: A Puchuu , from anime Excel Saga .
2nd card: Mumble, from the CGI movie Happy Feet.
3rd card: Bubbles, from the cartoon series The Powerpuff Girls .
4rd card: A Jigglypuff , a type of Pokemon.
- (02:46) Chuck Norris is an actor, whose strength has often been hailed as omnipotent by the Chuck Norris Facts (a series of jokes about him).
- (02:57) "Victory is mine" is one of the catch phrases of Stewie , a character of the cartoon Family Guy .
- (03:06) Another reference to Star Wars, where Obi-Wan Kenobi had said, "Mos Eisley spaceport. You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
- (03:19) Mai and Kemo's conversation is another Star Wars reference, where Obi-Wan uses the "Jedi mind trick " on a Stormtrooper.
- (03:31) The song that plays when Kemo declares his hair is in love is "Love Theme from Romeo & Juliet " by Tchaikovsky .
- (04:03) Hulk Hogan is a professional wrestler, who is also blond and typically wears clothes with American flag imagery.
- (04:16) Tristan incorrectly identifies these as Star Trek quotes; in reality, they are again from Star Wars.
- (04:44) Another Star Wars reference. The original line that Bakura paraphrased was "That's no Moon. That's a Space Station", which was in reference to the Death Star .
- (04:49) "Use the Force" is another Star Wars reference, with the "force " being a main component of being a jedi master.
- (05:31) Reign of Fire is a 2002 action/science fiction film featuring dragons.
- (End card) This music is the ending theme of Looney Toons . Also, "jumping the shark" is a colloquial phrase used to identify when a show can generally be seen to no longer be good.
- (06:01) This dialogue is taken from Star Wars.
- (Credits) This is the song"Axel F (Crazy Frog Remix)" which is commonly used as a ringtone.