|Egyptian Exhibition Expo 2007|
|Season 2, Episode 24|
|Air date||September 17, 2007|
Episode Synposis Edit
This episode introduces Ishizu, who can see the future and break the fourth wall. She holds an Egyptian exhibit and invites Kaiba down, explaining how he and Yugi are reincarnations of an ancient pair of Egyptian Duelists and they are destined to duel again. Ishizu then asks Kaiba to hold a tournament and gives him Obelisk the Tormentor to persuade him. Throughout the episode, Yugi is having a character crisis, thinking that he isn't very important to the plot and that Yami Yugi is the important one.
- (00:00) Yami's opening line was the common selling point of the breakfast cereal "Cap' Crunch" .
- (00:29) "The fourth wall " is what can be considered the barrier between a show's reality and our own. "Breaking" the fourth wall is done when a character references the fact that they are in a TV show, such as how Ishizu predicts the opening credits.
- (01:03) Spongebob Squarepants is a cartoon series.
- (01:05) On YouTube, a user can "flag" a video if he/she believes its content is inappropriate. Abuse of flagging is what got LittleKuriboh's videos initially removed from YouTube. Kaiba's line most likely reflects LittleKuriboh's feeling on the matter.
- (02:11) A mullet was a popular hairstyle during the 1960s-1990s, which Kaiba's hairstyle certainly does resemble.
- (02:22) J.J.Abrams is a film producer, writer and director, well known for his convoluted plot lines which make little sense to people coming in late on the show.
- (03:29) The servants are chanting "hoona igna chowa neha" , a reference to the TV show "Space Ghost: Coast to Coast" .
- (04:04) Eternal Darkness is a videogame for the Nintendo Gamecube . In it, the player takes control of various characters in different time periods.
- (04:14) Spoiler Tags are often used in forums to hide information that would potentially spoil a story or series for those unfamiliar.
- (04:34) The three Egyptian God cards, and their names, are references to the following:
- Obelisk the Tormentor- This is the card's actual name in the original show, although every time it appears later in the Abridged Series, it shouts "Torment!" a la the scene where Joey and Tristan steal Yugi's puzzle .
- Slifer the Executive Producer- Slifer the Sky Dragon is the card's original name. "Executive Producer" was added in the Abridged Series because, when the original Japanese card names were translated, Slifer was named after Roger Slifer , who co-produced the original Yu-Gi-Oh! English dub.
- Mega Ultra Chicken- The Winged Dragon of Ra is the card's original name. Mega Ultra Chicken is a reference to an Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode, in which an aboriginal shaman attempts to summon a "mega ultra chicken" , the chant from which is needed to summon Mega Ultra Chicken in the Abridged Series.
- (05:28) Star Trek is an old Sci-Fi TV series, although it still carries a cult following.
- (06:07) Kaiba's future that Ishizu describes is a reference to Yu-Gi-Oh! GX , in which Kaiba appears for a brief time. He does, in fact, appear exactly the same as he is here.
- (End card) This is a reference to The Amazing Criswell , a psychic who made broad, sweeping predictions that rarely ever came true.
- (Credits) This audo is from the "The Princess Bride" .
- (Post-credits) Ishizu is possibly referring to Naruto: The Abridged Series which was still active at the time this episode was produced.